Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Final Weeks

In a little over two weeks I will be bidding goodbye to London town and be home sweet home in South Dakota. I went to church this morning across the street to Westminster Chapel. I'm really going to miss that church when I leave. I love going to see the people there and the vibrant community it shares with visitors. The college age students have been so welcoming to us Americans who come each week to the Sunday service and Wednesday night 20:20.

After church I made lunch. I can't wait until I don't have to cook for myself anymore! It may be a selfish thing to say, but it's true. Then I put in the washer what will hopefully be my last load of clothes to wash. It's funny that when I took all my clothes down to the machines, almost nothing is left in my closet or drawers. And I can fit nearly everything in one load! As you may imagine, I am sick to death of my selection of outfits. Thankfully, matching doesn't seem to be "in" here in London, so my random mix and (non)match outfits fit right in. It will be a pleasure to go home though and rediscover all the clothes I left there!


I'm also greatly looking forward to that cold, white stuff that falls from the sky at home.... SNOW! I've had curious questions about snow from native Londoners who have seen snow only a few times in their lives. I hope it is a winter wonderland when I step off the plane on December 18. Sorry to you all that wish otherwise about winter weather, but I can't help wanting to trade this constant London rain for Midwest snow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...you want to come home? Your in London, I question that thought.
See you soon!!
sarah

Unknown said...

don't worry, we have snow. and ICE!!!

"a foggy day, in London town....."

Unknown said...

I love you...and i miss you like crazy!

I'm glad you want to come home....yays! I will get done with school on the same day that you get back from Londonness

yays!

Chris Rensink said...

Thanks for the comment. It's been fun reading over your semester. What's the plan for the future?

Anonymous said...

Hey! Yep, there's snow! I can't wait for you to be home! I should be around when you get home as finals are this week... give me a call once you're over your jet-lag!
Britta