Monday, December 24, 2007

Home!

I made it home safe and sound! Dad picked me up at the Omaha airport on Tuesday night and a couple hours later I was walking in the door of my house to greet my family. I've been having pajama days here at home for the last week to celebrate being home on break. I am surprised though at how "normal" it feels to be back in the states. My program director warned us all of "reverse culture shock" that comes with readjusting to U.S. life, but only a few things have caught me off gaurd. It was a slight surprise when I bit into a Taco John's soft shell for the first time in 4 months-- yum! And when I was at a checkout in a store and I was given dollar change instead of pounds. Hearing everyone speak with an American English accent is odd, too (I rather miss the British accent!). The jet lag is starting to wear off, as well (I hope!). The first few days I was getting tired by 8pm and waking up each morning around 7am! I still get tired early, but I'm starting to "sleep-in" until 8:30am. :)

(View of west London from the top of Tower Bridge on one of my last nights in London town)

This is my last blog for the great adventure the last 4 months have been for me. It truly was an amazing experience that I know I will refer back to the rest of my life. Please give a plug for studying abroad to any college age student you know! I believe that a semester abroad is a very wise teacher.

Friends and family: Thank you so much for all of you who read my blog. It was such an encouragement to know you were thinking of me and taking an interest in my semester. Much love and Merry Christmas, Amy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

GAH! What a Great Adventure.....
Seriously....cheeseeeeee as it may sound...

I'm sad that this is the last post...it's been fun to read about everything that goes on...but I'm soooo glad you're home! It's great to call you anytime i want and see you anytime i want! yays!

Thanks for blogging...and for coming home...:)

heartforhugs said...

it was so good to see you today in the caf...sorry i didn't get to stop and chat...i hope you keep up your blogging though:) i would love for everyone to speak in british english accents a lot

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Good post.