Monday, November 5, 2007

It's all Greek to me!

Athens, Greece was the start of our 10 day fall break away from London and into far away lands! Athens was a beautiful city with beautiful, dark skinned Greek people. Have you ever seen the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding?" (and if you haven't, you really should- very funny!) The people in that movie are excellent portrayals of the men and women I met in Greece! They are big and loud and want to explain the history behind everything and insist that Greece is the best place to be! Also, I now fully understand the phrase "It's all Greek to me!" It looks nothing like English and even after staring at a word for a long time and trying to find the same word on a map for example was hopeless. Hopeless!
A few of my favorite things about Greece were:

1) Seeing the Acropolis! I've always wanted to see the Parthenon and I was not dissapointed at all. It's huge and set high on a hill in central Athens. All the ruins were neat to see. It's hard to fathom how old some of the structures were!

2) Our 8th floor hotel room with a huge balcony! Leah and I drug chairs out of our room onto the balcony any chance we got. It was so nice to relax and view the city from above.
3) The weather was amazing-- we were eating chocolate covered cookies and the chocolate was actually MELTING. Beautiful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ames, that was a beautiful trip. thank you for sharing it with me! Love, Britta