Saturday, September 22, 2007

Unique to London

Do you remember my adventure with Leah and Karley to the longest escalator in western Europe? Well, one night last week the three of us were off on another slightly ridiculous trip! We saw in the paper that a huge sculpture of a swimmer had been unveiled by Tower Bridge, so we hastily grabbed our cameras and were off! The swimmer was pretty neat... rather weird, but why not have a huge swimmer trying to freestyle through solid ground?

The unexpected joy we found next to the swimmer was Tower Bridge at night. So gorgeous all lit up! I forget sometimes that I am in London, but walking across Tower Bridge couldn't be a better reminder. It is such a unique landmark to this city.

News! News! I was caught out in my very first London rain a couple of days ago! Surprisingly, It didn't rain for the first 19 days I was here. So when it finally did rain on Thursday, I was completely unprepared without umbrella or raincoat! It started pouring as I was walking along the Thames, so I dodged into the Tate Modern art museum (thank goodness for art!). I guess I will soon have to get used to taking my umbrella and wearing my raincoat when I go out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ack! How did i miss this post! I'm jealous of you being in the rain. If it had been me (vain and all) i woulda ran around in it....but i suppose that would be very tourist of me ;)

Looking forward to finally getting that phone call ;)

oh and the pic from the next post (the most recent one) the very first pic is sooo much fun! I love it....tre cute

love you!

Unknown said...

can you see the stars in Foggy London town?

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms. Amy!

It is SO WONDERFUL to read your blog, look at your incredibly artistic photos (no wonder)...and hear of the marvelous time you seem to be having! I am sending you much love and well wishes....as you continue to enjoy the adventures London brings. :) Em

Anonymous said...

Kinda wierd! Kinda cool, but kinda wierd! Britta