Friday, September 7, 2007

Wicked and School


Last night was so, so fun! I had my first London theater experience when our program went to see the musical "Wicked." It was phenomenal!! The acting and singing was beyond good and I now have a whole new view of "The Wizard of Oz." It's hard to describe how amazing it was-- you will just have to go see it yourself!

This morning we took a trip to Birkbeck College where I will be taking British Experience and Contemporary British Society. After that we went to visit London Metropolitan University (LMU) where I will be taking drawing class, or as they would say here-- drawing 'module'. The university system is different than US college. Here, they expect the student to be in charge of their education and what they choose to learn. It is expected that students will spend a lot of time in the library reading the recommend books, especially since class is only held one day a week. Grades for most classes are based on exams at mid-term and a final. That's it! Though, I feel that things will be different since I am taking a studio art class. Still, it is intimidating! I hope I get to meet more British students through my LMU class.

After LMU we had the joy of being put into teams for a scavenger hunt! My two teammates and I ran about in the tube stations and squeezed ourselves into a phone booth for a picture. It was quite the adventure and I'm afraid we didn't do very well! But it was good fun and a quick way to learn the tube system better. That's all for now! Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMY!!!! Im soo jealous you got to see wicked!!!! but jave fun alright

Unknown said...

luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucky!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm pretty jealous that you get to do all that without me...

I hear you have a cold....thats sad....I sat with your sisters in church today and heard that you gave them a call the other day....when do i get one!!!!

Anyways...i love you
Kristen

Anonymous said...

Amy...
sounds and looks like fun...keep havin fun...you always do everyday in every way...because your so enthusiastic!...life is so much better with people like you....welll i'll write later!! always kayla!