Thursday, September 6, 2007

The National Gallery- Art Please!



Yesterday was great! A group of us went to the National Gallery (see pic). It is a HUGE art museum and I loved it. I only got through a fourth of it and it took three hours! I saw so many amazing art pieces. I took art history classes at Northwestern all last year and every wall held pieces that I recognized from my art history textbooks. I'm so glad that it is a free museum and I can go back many, many times and see their whole collection!
Afterward I sat between the feet of a lion in Trafalgar Square (the front yard of the National Gallery). It was much harder than I though it would be to get up near his feet!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for art!!! I'd write more but i will feel redundant as i just wrote you a longish email

love!

Britta said...

I loved the National! Go to the National Portrait Gallery some day! take a notebook and write stories about the people in the portraits before you read the little plaque thinger about it! It's great fun! Then go and watch Beckham's "portrait," it's a 20 minute looped video of him sleeping, and try to figure out what his tattoo is, i couldn't! Love!